Storm Eunice – Red Warning of High Winds Friday 18th February 10am to 3pm

Disruption to Electricity Supply

UK Power Networks (UKPN) manages the local power lines and substations which distribute electricity to over 8.3m homes and businesses across London, the South East and the East of England.

The electricity network is built to be resilient but strong winds and heavy rain can bring down branches and trees, damaging overhead power lines. Where this happens, UKPN work to restore power as quickly and safely as possible.

Regular updates and information about individual power cuts can be found on the UKPN website . There will also be general updates posted on @UKPowerNetworks.

Anyone experiencing a power cut should:

  • Visit and type in their postcode to view a live power cut map, with details of individual power cuts
  • Call 105 free of charge to speak to the customer service team, report a power cut or damage to the electricity network
  • Tweet @UKPowerNetworks to report a power cut or to receive updates
  • Visit for the latest updates

You are advised to stay clear of power lines and report damaged power lines immediately by calling 105 free from either a landline or a mobile phone. If they see electricity lines that are down or causing significant risk to the public, please call 999.

UKPN provides extra help to customers via the Priority Service Register during a power cut.  Households with older or disabled people, those with children under five, or where someone uses medical or mobility equipment that requires electricity as well as other reasons can join the register.  You can find out more information about the Priority Service on the UKPN website:

Roads and Surrey County Council

If a tree is blocking the road or has created another emergency please call the Contact Centre on 0300 200 1003. You can also report online report any other fallen trees online.


To report severe flooding in your area contact the Environment Agency on 24 hour service telephone line: 0345 988 1188. You can also use Type talk on 0345 602 6340.

You can use the Surrey County Council website to report minor flooding or report drains that are blocked or report drains that are broken. Please see the flooding advice pages for flood warnings and practical advice on what to do before, during and after a flood.